I am delighted to serve as your 2019-2021 President of the Chicago Building Congress (CBC) and to continue Pepper Construction’s long tradition of supporting the growth of the industry.
I would like to take a moment to thank our immediate past president, Pat Healy of Bulley & Andrews. As president from 2017-2019, he provided outstanding programming, helped to grow our membership and demonstrated his commitment to the CBC with countless volunteer hours. We’re honored to have him continue as immediate past president on our Board of Directors.
In April of 2019, CBC celebrated its 80th anniversary, so I would also like to extend special ‘thank you’ to our membership for supporting the CBC since 1939. You are the foundation of the Association and we deeply appreciate your membership and sponsorship of events and programs.
My goals, with the help of the Board, include:
● Continuing to offer powerful, relevant programming for our members;
● Building our membership base to reach even more of those companies serving the construction industry;
● Encourage and support the development of young, upcoming construction professionals through CBC’s Future Leader Committee, service opportunities and additional programs and projects.
Are you new to the CBC or would like to get more involved? Here are some highlights:
- The Future Leaders Committee and events provide a platform for networking, service and connection targeting those who have been in the industry from 5-20 years. All are welcome to events.
- CBC Discovery Groups offer high-level relationship building, plus personal and professional development. You can learn more on the website.
- CBC Discovery Workshops provide highly interactive programs every quarter.
- The Merit Award is the premier and prestigious award program recognizing outstanding construction projects each year, and is always looking for volunteer judges to share their expertise and perspective on impactful design and outstanding construction.
- The CBC Golf Classic is in June with proceeds benefiting two organizations: ACE Mentor Program and ACE Amandla Charter High School.
- Our monthly luncheons feature construction projects, new technology and topics directly affecting membership. If you have ideas about future events and programming, please let me know or you can reach out directly to Evie Caprel or Mark Fitzgerald at the CBC.
Remember to check out our Events Calendar on the website for details and to register for all programs and events that are currently scheduled.
I look forward to working with you over the next two years.