The Chicago Building Congress
The Chicago Building Congress is the "cornerstone" of Greater Chicagoland's dynamic Building Industry, for it unites diverse members of the City's building community in common interests and purpose.
Chicago Building Congress was formed in 1939. Its principle objectives are uniting the Building Industry in a shared purpose, and advancing the Art, Science, and Technology of the Building Industry. Providing Members with networking and educational opportunities.
Chicago Building Congress is the only vertically-integrated Trade Association serving the Chicago area. Its varied membership includes real estate professionals, general contractors, subcontractors, engineering firms, architects, labor unions, associations, government entities, educational facilities, banks, insurance providers, consultants, legal firms, accounting firms, media publications, material manufacturers and suppliers. It is an equal opportunity trade association.
The Latest from the CBC
The Chicago Building Congress was proud to honor Lamar Johnson with 2016's Award of Honor.
CBC UPCOMING EVENTS
- January 26, 2017 - Future Leaders Networking - Kinmount
- February 15, 2017 - Topic: Technology- Union League Luncheon
- March 15, 2017 - Topic : Post Office Renovation / Gensler & Jones Lang
- Lasalle - Union League Luncheon
- Date TBD Late March 2017- Future Leaders Event
- April 19, 2017 - Finkel Steel/ Sterling Bay Redevelopment Project - Union League Luncheon
- May 23, 2017 - Merit Awards - Marriott Chicago
- June 6, 2017 - Annual Golf Outing - Mistwood Golf Club
- July - OFF
- Date TBD August 2017 - Future Leaders Networking
- September 20, 2017 - (Topic TBA) Union League Luncheon
- October 18, 2017 - (Topic TBA) Union League Luncheon
- November 15, 2017 - (Topic TBA) Union League Luncheon
CBC 2016-17 SPONSORS
It is more than a decade since Drew Waitley founded the Chicago Building Congress "Award of Honor" program. Since then, CBC annually recognizes the accomplishments of many outstanding leaders from the Chicago Building Industry. Visit the Award of Honor page for more information on this prestigious award.
The Chicago Building Congress invites members and non-members to submit entries for CBC's annual Merit Awards competition. Established in 1956, this program recognizes the most outstanding construction projects from the past three years in the Metropolitan Chicago Area. Visit the Merit Award page for more details on this award.
CBC Membership Meetings feature great speakers addressing issues of the day. Past keynote speakers have included Mayor Richard M. Daley, Chicago Bears President, Ted Phillip, Richard Tomasetti, Dan McCaffery, Donald Trump, Jr., Paul Green, and Jerry Roper. January brings the single most-anticipated luncheon meeting of the year...our annual Economic Forecast meeting. Featuring leading economists of the day, the Forecast always concludes with a lively question-and-answer period. Be sure to register early for this event, as this meeting sells out each year. Visit the CBC events page to learn more about our upcoming events.